Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 Resolutions

Last year's resolutions were abstract and dreamy, and several were so vague that I couldn't claim success if I tried. This year, I've expressed some hopes and desires that (a) express, cultivate, or strengthen the person I'd most like to be, (b) require me to learn new skills or advance existing skills, and (c) can be accomplished through perseverance and personal development, and do not require much outside intervention or luck. Finally, (d) this year's resolutions are largely quantifiable; in 364 days, there will be little question as to whether some nebulous aim has been reached. So, in 2008 I hereby resolve to:

1. Publish a picture book or a children's book.
2. Reduce body weight to 180 lbs. or less, and maintain.
3. Post content to blog at least 4 times every week.
4. Go to the gym at least 3 times every week.
5. Volunteer at least once every month.
6. Make a quilt of fabric scraps.
7. Learn to follow knitting/crocheting and sewing patterns.
8. Create and maintain a profitable online craft store.
9. Learn chef's knife skills.

No comments: